DATCM, LAc, FABORM
About Dr. Booker
Dr. Julie Booker has practiced acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine since 2003. Her specialties include reproductive health and fertility, pre-conception care, and pregnancy-related issues. In addition, she is certified in sports acupuncture and pain management. In December 2021 she received a doctorate in TCM, focusing on integrative medicine. Integration and collaboration of TCM and biomedicine are patient-centered, evidence-based, and highlight a medicine that is stronger together. Combining knowledge of reproductive health, evidence-based medicine, anatomy, and physiology, she is confident in treating a variety of clinical presentations. She is a firm believer that strength lies in an integrative approach and collaborative care.
Fertility and Pre-conception Care
Over the past 20 years, Dr. Julie Booker has enjoyed the opportunity to study and gain expertise in reproductive health and fertility from leading practitioners in the field. Her goal is to help patients create a family and stay well long after they leave the clinical setting. She is a fellow of the American Board of Oriental Reproductive Medicine (ABORM), which certifies and advocates for evidence-based, integrative medicine as it relates to female and male fertility. Using acupuncture and herbal medicine, supplements, and lifestyle counseling in combination with a deep understanding of western medical conditions and protocols, she helps patients struggling with fertility by creating personalized treatment plans. Dr. Booker treats patients both individually, or in collaboration with assisted reproductive technologies. She has extensive experience treating conditions such as PCOS, endometriosis, hormonal regulation, recurrent pregnancy loss, irregular menses, egg quality, and sperm parameters.
Sports Acupuncture and Pain Management
Dr. Booker is certified in sports acupuncture and pain management. For athletes, overtraining can impair performance and set one up for overuse injuries. The goal is to determine the location and severity of the injury, focus on restoring function, reducing pain, and enhancing performance. Decreasing pain and inflammation, increasing range of motion, activating and strengthening muscles, and releasing muscle spasms can manage pain for all patients and athletes alike. Acupuncture can effectively treat acute and chronic pain of all types from migraines to neck and back pain.
Schedule an appointment with Dr. Booker here or call (206) 726-0034 today.
- Doctorate in Traditional Chinese Medicine and Integrative Medicine
- Five Branches University, Santa Cruz, CA 2021
- Masters of Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Northwest Institute of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine, 2003
- Certification in massage therapy, Lane Community College, Eugene OR
- Bachelors of Arts and Science, Indiana University 1993
Types of Patients
- Women and men of various ages
- Fertility and pre-conception
- Chronic and acute pain
- Women’s health from menarche to menopause
- Seattle Top Doc Awarded by Seattle Met: 2019
- Seattle Top Doc Awarded by Seattle Met: 2020
- American Society for Reproductive Medicine
- Pacific Coast Reproductive Society
- American Board of Oriental Reproductive Medicine
- Executive Board Member for ABORM