Areas of Expertise
Dr. Karp specializes in Women’s Health from menarche through menopause with a focus on pre-conception care and fertility for both women and men. In 2013 she completed extensive training in the diagnosis, treatment, and management of infertility through the Jade Institute. She practices primary care naturopathic medicine and also greatly enjoys addressing digestive and thyroid/endocrine disorders, mood disorders, anxiety, and insomnia. She believes strongly in fostering the body’s innate ability to create and maintain wellness. “It is important for me to develop a partnership with my patients to identify the root cause of distress within the body, remove obstacles to cure, and empower patients to play a predominant role in their health and well-being. It is my honor to facilitate and be present with a patient as he/she embarks on his/her journey towards optimal health, encouraging the empowerment of patient responsibility and promotion of wellness.”
- Doctorate of Naturopathic Medicine, Bastyr University, Kenmore, WA 2007
- Masters of Science Degree in Acupuncture (MSAOM), Bastyr University, Kenmore, WA 2007
- NCCAOM board certification in Acupuncture and Acupuncture Detoxification Association (NADA)
- Certification in Massage Therapy, Brenneke School of Massage, Seattle, WA
- Bachelors of Arts, Union College, Schenectady, NY 1999
- Post-Doctorate Acupuncture training in China at Ruijin Hospital, Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine 2007
- Residency in Naturopathic Medicine, Institute of Complementary Medicine, Seattle, WA 2007-2009
Types of Patients
women and men of various ages
Seattle Top Doc Awarded by Seattle Met: 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020.
- American Association of Naturopathic Physicians
- Washington Association of Naturopathic Physicians
- Washington East Asian Medicine Association.