MSN, RDN, CD, CLT, CFIN
About Emily Grochowski
Emily Grochowski is a scientist turned Functional Registered Dietitian Nutritionist who utilizes a highly personalized, evidence-based, root-cause-focused approach to nutrition and lifestyle medicine. After earning a Bachelor of Science in molecular biology from UW-Madison and working for several years in research and biotechnology labs, she realized her true passion lay in leveraging science to help people more directly, and thus began to pursue a career in nutritional medicine.
She completed her Master of Science in nutrition at Bastyr University and her Dietetic Internship through Lehman College, working with the many diverse communities throughout the five boroughs of New York City. After returning to the Seattle area, she deepened and widened her knowledge of functional medicine and functional nutrition by working with a wide variety of patients with complex concerns in a private practice clinic and through consistent continuing professional education through organizations like the Institute of Functional Medicine, Next Level Functional Nutrition, and Cogence Functional Immunology.
As a clinician, she not only deeply values learning and the scientific aspects of medicine, but also the education and empowerment of her patients with the knowledge and skills they want and need to achieve their specific health goals and life-long wellness. She also prioritizes taking the time to listen to and learn about her patients to cultivate strong therapeutic relationships and provide the most dynamic, practical, and holistic guidance and support possible. She has also found that working collaboratively with patients and coordinating with the rest of their care team is critical to providing the highest quality, cohesive care.
Emily is especially well versed in helping people to rebalance complex cardio-metabolic, immune, gastrointestinal, and neuroendocrine concerns, and would be honored to help you harness the vast healing power of food and lifestyle medicine to support you in achieving your unique health and wellness goals.
- Advanced Functional and Integrative Nutritionist Candidate, Next Level Functional Nutrition
- Institute of Functional Medicine Certified Practitioner Candidate
- FBCA Mastery Certification Training Candidate, Optimal DX Academy
- Cogence Functional Immunology Coursework, 2022
- Certified Functional and Integrative Nutritionist/CFIN, Next Level Functional Nutrition, 2021
- Certified LEAP Therapist, Oxford Biomedical, 2018
- Lehman College Dietetic Internship, Lehman College, Bronx, NY, 2016
- Master of Science in Nutrition/Didactic Program in Dietetics, Bastyr University, Kenmore, WA, 2015
- 200-hour Certified Yoga Teacher, Feel Your Best Yoga, Mequon, WI, 2010
- Bachelor of Science in Molecular Biology, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, WI, 2005
Types of Patients
- People with all gender expressions and ages
- American Nutrition Association
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Dietitians in Integrative and Functional Medicine Practice Group
- Research Dietetics Practice Group
- Food Equity Partnership for A Healthier America
- Institute of Functional Medicine
- Next Level Functional Nutrition
- Seattle Department of Neighborhoods Food Equity Fund
- Sound Functional Medicine and Nutrition Group
- Why Hunger
- Yoga Alliance